The Hallow: Chapter 2

  I was Utterly embarrassed! Grandma Lynn had made me try on nearly every dress in the shop! now I stood on display   in the dressing room clad in a light lavender hoop skirt dress with puff sleeves, drenched in frills; waiting for her to retrieve more dresses. Good thing this was a woman's department store, I thought as I nervously fiddled with a lose ribbon. It was lunch time and I was uptight, from hunger and fatigue.  I couldn't wait for this part of the day to end. I sighed.
"All right, now which one do you absolutely love?" grandma Lynn asked my with a sparkle in her eye.
"Well lets see?" I said. Oh how was I to tell her that I absolutely hated every dress she had given me to try on? It would break her heart! I quickly scanned the racks for a inexpensive alternative dress, that was a little more modern. That's when I saw it! A white sun dress with big yellow sunflowers on it. It was the perfect, with it's modern potential and a vintage twist! I practically raced to retrieve it from the rack, as if I were competing for it.
  "Grandma. I love this one!" I held it up as Grandma Lynn inspected it with her blue-gray eyes.
"Why that's lovely! great selection Taralynn!" She cooed. I wanted to jump for joy! I wouldn't have to parade around in some Mary Poppins uniform.
   After we purchased my dress, we went to a fifties themed diner for lunch. Grandma Lynn ordered a salad with sweet tea. while I ordered a corn dog, with French fries, and a cherry coke.
"I almost forgot." grandma suddenly stated as we made small talk. "What is it grandma?" I asked.
"Well, something very exciting will be taking place tomorrow." Grandma excitedly explained. I could tell she was mighty excited by the way she was shivering and giggling. "What is it grandma? whats going on?" I asked impatiently, for I didn't like surprises. "My good friend Betty, Is bringing her granddaughter over tomorrow afternoon for tea. and she's just your age. I can imagine that you two will have loads in common!" grandma said.
   Excitement buzzed through me! A new playmate! During summer days in Pennsylvania, I would wined up bored. But if I had a friend I wouldn't be bored even for a minute!
"Whats her name Grandma?" I asked. "Amanda Marie, but most people call her Mandy Marie." she stated. Mandy Marie, I couldn't wait to meet her!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment